It’s already smelling like the holidays around here 🎄. December will soon be upon us and we’re already thinking about what we’re going to serve our guests 🎅.
Here’s a dessert that’s guaranteed to be a hit with your guests: a maxi cookie 🍪 with NUTBROWN Tonic.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour or your choice of flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup NUTBROWN Tonic
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a cast iron skillet and place parchment paper cut into a circle inside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, maple syrup and vanilla for 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chocolate and NUTBROWN and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream and NUTBROWN Tonic.