Ready for a change from traditional tart recipes? In this unique recipe, we’ve made our tart crust out of granola. This way, it’s easy to make maple tartlets without baking the crusts, which will not only save time, but it’ll also make this gourmet treat extra-special!
This is a great dessert to share with your guests during the holidays!
Preparation: 30 minutes
Portions: For 4 tartlets
For the crust:
- ¾ cup organic rolled whole grain oats
- ½ cup Essential Grand Granola
- ¾ cup roasted almonds
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
For the topping:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1 tsp. butter mixed with 1 tsp. flour
- For the crusts: Place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture has a grainy texture.
- Place the mixture into tart moulds and refrigerate.
- For the topping: Place the maple syrup, cream, and butter-flour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat, fill the tart crusts with the mixture, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve topped with berries, Essential Grand Granola and maple sugar flakes (if desired).