If there’s a dish that will surprise your tastebuds, it’s definitely this beet hummus! It’s a colourful take on traditional hummus, made even more special with the earthy flavour of roasted beets.
It’s definitely worth taking the time to roast the beets yourself rather than buying them pre-cooked. Roasting is so easy, the flavour will be much richer, and your hummus will have a better texture.
You can roast more beets than you need for this recipe so that you can add them to other dishes, such as salads.
Beet hummus is a perfect appetizer with pita bread, tacos, or raw veggies such as carrot sticks. You can also put it in sandwiches or spread it on toast for a savoury touch!
This is, without a doubt, a dip that will delight your dinner guests!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 2 medium beets, well-washed and diced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup of NUTBROWN Natural
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast them for about 45 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Once the beets are cooked, put them, along with all other ingredients, in a food processor and mix until you have a smooth purée.
- Top with microgreens, pomegranate seeds and NUTBROWN Natural.
- Serve with mini pitas that have been brushed with oil, topped with za’atar and toasted for 6 minutes in the oven.