Gingerbread cookies are a Christmas classic. Whether they’re gingerbread men, gingerbread houses, or gingerbread trees…these treats will bring you joy this holiday season!
If you don’t have a cookie-decorating kit with cookie cutters, piping bags and tips, hurry up and find one so that you can make these fantastic Christmas gingerbread cookies!
With hot chocolate, your coziest socks and – why not? – a reindeer headband, you’ll be feeling that Christmas magic!
Preparation: 40 minutes
Portions: 24 biscuits
For the dough:
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Müska, ground to a powder in a blender Müska Natural
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup organic gluten free coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the icing:
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients, other than the sugar, together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to blend the butter, the molasses, the egg, the sugar, the vanilla, and the maple syrup together for about three minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Add the dry mixture gradually to the wet mixture until a smooth dough is formed.
- Pat the dough into a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is about one centimetre thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut different shapes out of the dough.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating with the icing.
- For the icing: In a bowl, combine the egg white and icing sugar with an electric mixer and whisk 2 minutes, until smooth.