We’ve all baked a cake at least once in our lives – if you never have, now’s the time to try!
A cake is one of the first things a beginner baker will tackle, and with good reason: it’s quick and easy to make, we usually have the ingredients in the pantry and it’s easy to personalize a cake to your taste.
You can add apples, bananas, or pears; cut the cake in half to add jam or your favourite spread in the middle; you can add chocolate or honey to the top; sprinkle toasted nuts over the cake…the possibilities are endless!
Here’s our version of a homemade banana-granola cake.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- ½ cup of cane sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of soft butter
- 4 bananas
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup of granola Euphoria Grand Granola
- or 1 ½ cup of Chocolatier Grand Granola
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate to your taste)
The homemade banana granola cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, eggs and butter.
- Crush bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add bananas to the sugar, egg and butter mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to get a smooth dought.
- Add Grand Granola Euphoric or Chocolatier and the chocolate, and mix.
- Pour the dought into a buttered cake pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the pan and slicing.