What do you think about making these high-protein and delicious dark chocolate granola bars at home? They’re a perfect alternative to mass-produced granola bars, and they’re gluten-free to boot! Add the nut butter of your choice to get protein-rich snacks filled with healthy fats and fibre.
You can adapt the recipe to your taste and choose either dark chocolate for a more intense flavour or milk chocolate for more sweetness.
Whether you are celiac or you just love to eat, we bet this delicious recipe for dark chocolate gluten-free granola bars will become one of your favourites! They’re perfect for a quick snack, a delicious breakfast, or for a bite on the run.
Do you have 15 minutes free? Great! That’s all the time you need to make these chocolatey treats.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Portions: 8 TO 10 bars
- 1/2 cup almond butter or your choice of nut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup of grain free NUTBROWN Natural
- 1 cup chunks of Organic Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup to decorate of NUTBROWN Natural
The gluten-free tender bars recipe
- Melt the almond butter and 1 tbsp of coconut oil in the microwave oven for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- In a food processor, mix the dates together with the coconut oil and nut butter mixture.
- Pour into a large bowl, add 1 1/2 cuo of NUTBROWN Natural granola and mix together.
- Transfer the mixture into a rectangular pan lined with parchment paper. Press firmly into the pan until packed down to approximately 2/3 inch.
- Melt the dark chocolate together with 1 tbsp of coconut oil then drizzle evenly on top of the bars.
- Add the ½ cup of NUTBROWN Natural granola on the chocolate to decorate.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for the chocolate to harden (around 1 hour).
- Cut into bars.
- Enjoy your delicious gluten free granola bars !