We’ve all heard before that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Whether or not you believe that, it’s still important to choose what you eat in the morning carefully to have enough energy to last until the next meal.
That said, we don’t always have a lot of time to spare in the morning, so we reach for easy options. If you want an alternative to granola, a bowl cake is a great choice!
A Banana Muesli Bowl Cake for Breakfast
Bowl cakes and mug cakes are often imitated because they are simple to make – the concept is to make a cake in a bowl or a mug that requires no cooking at all or just a few minutes in the microwave.
Our version includes banana and muesli. Some say that bananas are fattening – this may be true if you eat too many, but generally bananas will help you lose weight because they are filling. They also contain vitamin B6 and a good dose of potassium.
Our Müska Aphrodisiac is a muesli that is full of whole grains, full of soluble fibre, which also helps you feel satisfied and aid digestive health, which allows the body to eliminate unhealthy fats. It’s the ideal food for people with heart conditions, diabetes or high blood pressure.
The Recipe for Banana Muesli Bowl Cake
This cake can be made in the microwave. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a rich, healthy, balanced breakfast that’s perfect for people who want to maintain their weight, keep their bodies strong, and stay in good shape.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup (40g) of Müska Aphrodisiac
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 banana
- Dukkah Brunch
- Maple syrup, a chocolate coulis or a red fruit coulis.
- Mash the banana and mix it with the milk.
- Add the egg and the rest of the ingredients. Mix.
- Pour into the bowl. Cook in the microwave oven (depending on the power of your microwave,
- count around 2min 30sec, the cake should be slightly firm on the surface).
- Turn out onto a plate, add toppings if you wish. Enjoy!
For the creamy and crunchy, add a little yogurt on the side and Dukkah Brunch on the top of the cake. For a sweeter side, add a drizzle of maple syrup, a chocolate coulis or a red berry coulis.