Soups made from butternut squash or pumpkin are a classic choice for the fall and winter months, as well as on vegan menus. They are delicious, nutritious, and comforting, especially on days when it’s very cold outside and you need a meal to warm you up from the inside out!
It’s great to have this recipe for butternut squash soup handy, because it can be scaled up easily and freezes well.
Adding coconut milk gives the soup great body and flavour, but don’t hesitate to make the recipe your own with your favourite ingredients. This soup takes fifteen minutes to make and uses just six ingredients which are easy to find in any grocery store!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 1 butternut squash (About 2 lbs)
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 small can of coconut milk
- Curry powder, salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of Zen Grand Granola
The butternut and granola soup recipe
- Peel and cut the butternut squash and the potato into large cubes.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat, add the chopped onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the diced butternut squash and potato, cover with water.
- Simmer around 30 minutes, or until butternut squash get tender.
- Add coconut milk, curry powder, salt and pepper, and blend the mixture well until smooth.
- Serve into soup bowls and sprinkle with Zen granola to top.