We have a big sweet tooth, so it goes without saying that WE LOVE sugar shack season. With the help of our friends Coaticook, we have concocted a SUPER comforting recipe in honor of the occasion: Pouding Chômeur with Nutbrown Natural and vanilla frozen milk.
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ teaspoon water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup Nutbrown Natural
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and slowly incorporate the milk.
- Add the Nutbrown and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a well-buttered square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, bring the water, brown sugar and maple syrup to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Gently pour the syrup over the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 40 mins, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla iced milk on top.