Good for the heart, bones, skin, weight control and brain function, promotes regularity, helps prevent certain types of cancers and diabetes … we understand why chia is called a “superfood”.
But we don’t necessarily always know how to include these seeds in our recipes. Here’s a delicious and enticing way to take care of your health using chia seeds.
With blueberries and granola, why not try our delightfully balanced pudding?
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- In a jar, mix the milk and chia seeds well.
- Let the mixture thicken in the fridge for at least one hour, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, put the blueberries in a blender with the syrup and pulse until you have a smooth purée.
- Mix one cup of the pudding mixture with two tablespoons of the blueberry purée.
- In another jar, place ⅓ cup of the blueberry purée on the bottom, then add ⅓ cup of the pudding-purée mixture, followed by ⅓ to ½ of the pudding. Top with granola and fresh blueberries!