Oatmeal is a simple, efficient meal choice when you want to eat healthily. Whether for a Saturday night by the fire or a quick lunch in the car in winter, savoury oatmeal deserves a place in our meal rotation!
We don’t think of making oatmeal savoury very often, and yet…we can make it with whatever we have on hand, personalizing it with whatever we’d like: cheese, bacon, tofu, nuts…
This time, we’ve concocted a savoury granola with mushrooms, squash and sage, ideal for those cold days when you need a hot, comforting meal!
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup Müska Natural
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. maple syrup
- Coat the cubed squash with oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper;
- Spread on a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Put the water, vegetable broth, Müska, salt and pepper in a saucepand and bring to a simmer, then cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in a pan with the butter, onions and sage.
- Top the oatmeal with the mushrooms, the roasted squash, a handful of arugula, sliced avocado, parmesan flakes, pomegranate seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil!