How about a salad made with broccoli, apples, and gluten-free NUTBROWN granola, made from nuts and seeds? It takes just a few minutes to make this crisp, healthy, and delicious salad. Our yogurt dressing makes this salad a balanced meal!
All of the ingredients for this salad are fresh and healthy, giving you a variety of superfoods for a low price.
With NUTBROWN Vitality gluten-free granola, you’ll have dried fruit, nuts, and seeds, for added energy and crunch.
A cool and tangy yogurt salad dressing will add the perfect finishing touch!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Portions: 3 to 4 people
For the salad:
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets (2 heads)
- 1 carrot, grated (approximately 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 apples, diced (Royal Gala or Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup cheddar, diced small
- 1 cup of NUTBROWN Vitality
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli flowerets, the grated carrot and the diced red onion, apples and cheddar.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, olive oil, whole grain mustard, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, add the NUTBROWN Vitality granola and mix well.