Warm and fluffy with a sweet cinnamon flavour. You guessed it, it’s a cinnamon roll! For a little crunch, we added our classic Grand Granola Natural. Whether or not you’re at the cottage, this recipe will take you there 🍂🤎
Ingredients to make 12 rolls
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 1/4 tsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Natural Grand Granola
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and yeast and let stand for 5 min.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt and eggs.
- Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Knead the dough by hand on a clean and floured surface. Add flour if needed. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes and form a ball.
- Place the ball in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rest in the oven with the oven light on. The dough should double in size).
Directions for the filling:
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, then set aside.
- After an hour, roll out the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle measuring about 18 x 15 inches.
- Spread the butter on dough and sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture and granola.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and cut it into 12 evenly thick slices.
- Place the rolls in a buttered, parchment-lined 13 x9-inch rectangular baking pan.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 30 minutes, they should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- After 30 minutes, bake for 20 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the frosting by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let cool.
- Top with frosting and Natural Grand Granola.