You can do so much more than you think with toast! Tartines (the French word for toast topped with, well, anything) can be a unique dessert or the centre of your Sunday brunch.
Here’s a recipe for French toast that’s got an extra crunchy Grand Granola Natural crust and caramelized pears, with a topping of milk chocolate and salted caramel Grand Granola Euphoric.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
For French toast:
- 6 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups of Natural Grand Granola
For the pear topping:
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup Organic White Chocolate
- 1 tbsp. butter for frying the bread
- Whisk the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together.
- Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture for 2-3 minutes before coating it with the crushed granola.
- Fry on medium-high heat in a little bit of butter for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook the pears in a frying pan with the coconut oil, maple syrup, white chocolate, and spices until caramelized.
- Top each slice of French toast with caramelized pears and Euphoric Grand Granola.