Don’t be fooled by the size of these treats. These energy balls are nutritious as well as delicious!
They’re the perfect choice to satisfy your hunger when you’re in a hurry or need a snack to bring along for an outdoor activity. They also make great post-workout snacks.
You can easily adapt the recipe to include what you have on hand: dried fruit, seeds, nuts, syrups, nut butter, coconut flour, oats, etc.
Our version includes Foodie Mix, our very own trail mix, which is vegan, gluten-free and sulfite-free. Having these blends on hand definitely makes life easier!
Preparation: 30 minutes
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup Foodie Mix Inspiring
- ¼ cup organic rolled whole grain oats
- 10 dates
- a few drops of pure almond extract
- ¼ cup almond butter.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor, using the “pulse” button, until you have a chunky paste.
- Form the mixture into small balls and put them in the fridge!
- They will keep for about a week in the fridge. They can also be frozen for about 2 months!