Tarts are among the first desserts that we learn to bake, and something that we often make for our loved ones. They’re easy, comforting and can be adapted to whatever fruit you like!
You can also reimagine a classic, like the country-style apple pies that we know so well, with a little bit of custard, a scoop of ice cream or even…granola!
Here’s our recipe for a rustic apple and granola tart with Divine Grand Granola to try in your own kitchen.
Preparation time: 1h30
Cooking: 40 minutes
For the dough:
- 1 ½ cups Organic spelt flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Organic gluten free coconut sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cups cold butter, diced
- ¼ cup cold water
For the filling:
- 5 apples, sliced
- ¼ cup Organic salted coconut slices
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ cup Divine Grand Granola
The rustic apple pie recipe
- Blend the flour, almond flour, sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add the butter and water until a dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for one hour.
- While the dough is chilling, mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- Once the dough is cold, roll it out onto a floured surface and make a circle of about 15 inches wide.
- Move the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the apple filling in the middle of the circle of dough, leaving a 3-inch border of dough. Fold the dough around the filling to make a crust.
- Brush the top of the dough with an egg wash and sprinkle some sugar on top of the crust.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.